Thursday, October 27, 2011, 00:38
Man's best friend
I want a dog badly! :( Have been reading up on dog breeds and their nature/habits, and I kinda had my eyes set on a couple of them! First off:

#1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
There are actually a couple of different breeds of spaniels, but liked this particularly, because it just looks so adorable! It belongs to the toy dog breeds, where they are small in size and very suitable and adaptable to any home environment, and gets along well with kids! The King Charles spaniel is kinda like a playful breed, although one cannot really tell from the looks of it! Their large brown eyes, coupled with droopy ears - make up the perfect innocent looking dogs! Indoors, this breed is like the perfect domestic pet as she is gentle and loving and affectionate, so I guess so sticks around the owner quite alot? And expect lots of kisses from this little breeD! Outdoors, this breed loves running and sniffing around. Fyi, dogs with short legs actually have a better sense of smell (i.e. sensitive nose), which explains why they love to sniff non-stop! Not much health issues, but needs regular grooming because of its fur.

If I were to get this breed, I would go for the chestnut & white (as per above picture!). They have 3 other colors: black & tan, rich mahogany and tri-color (tan, black and white mixed). And since I love kisses and affection from dogs so much, and i'm such a playful person, I guess it kinda suits me?

#2. Beagle
Beagles are normally used as explosives or drugs detector dogs, because they have a strong sense of smell. Needless to explain, because of the distance between the ground and nose due to having short legs. They have hunting instincts, and therefore needs alot of space for running and exercising! It's small in size, but not considered toy dog breed, but more of a hound (probably due to its hunting instincts!). It's a very outdoors kinda dog, so needless to explain, it needs to get out VERY oftenly if not it may get depressed easily. Beagle is considered an intelligent breed, and always on-the-go kinda dog, always seeking for adventure and fun. Works well with kids and is a good domestic pet, as long as it gets enough exercise. One important thing to note, beagle has the loudest bark/growl/howl/whine due to its vocal cords, and sometimes it yodel! So if your neighbors like peace and quiet, not the perfect dog to have! Tri colored - White, black, and brown is the color they are well know for (see above picture!). Fun fact: Snoopy is a beagle! :D Its a low maintenance dog, and not much health issues.

Would love to get this dog, because its all active and spontaneous. But I doubt my neighbors will be able to withstand the 'yodelling' and barks and howls. :/


I have not forgotten my beloved Siberian Husky! It looks almost like an Alaskan Malamute, but there's slight difference. I think I will drop the idea of getting a husky, because they have: insulated paws for digging and traction for running, dense double layer coats of fur to withstand the chilling weather in Siberia, have so much strength because of what they are breed for - pulling the sleigh. I think if I were to get one in Singapore, it will not die of old age, but heat in Singapore, judging from its thick furs making it intolerant to warm weather! But its just something about the husky which make me like them so so so much, but sadly, Singapore's not cold enough :(

And I came to the realization that, I haven't seen the Beagle and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breed in Singapore before? :/ They are very very well-known in other countries. Worst come to worst when I want either breed, I just have to get it from overseas? Hmmm. Alternatively, I could turn to the top 2 breeds - Golden Retriever aka Goldie, and Labrador Retriever. How nice it would be to have a dog to snuggle in bed with, spend time with, talk to, exercise with, go out with and etc etc! Dogs are not named "Man's best friend" for no apparent reason! Once the babies are old enough, i'm gonna get a dog! :DDDDDD Probably not gonna buy, but adopt at animal shelters? Better than to see them caged inside, and be euthanized when they do not have enough space in their shelter :(

Profile
Photobucket

♥EUNICE.L
lin hui ying ; lim hui ying
single
MY TUMBLR | MY FACEBOOK | MY FORMSPRING |
huge, huge, huge fan of
SHOW羅志祥!♥♥
Photobucket

Taylor (Alison) Swift!♥♥
Photobucket
Photobucket
David Archuleta!♥♥
Photobucket
Formspring

Tagboard

Affiliates

Nuffnang Ad
Archives
Credits
Blogskin created by Eclair-x.

Best viewed in 1026 x 768 pixels screen resolution, Mozilla Firefox.