Thursday, October 13, 2011, 02:22
Paul Ekman.


I was doing this little experiment on myself: Increase in pupil size. Came across it on tumblr, read up a little, and I kinda got interested! To be exact, my interest actually started when I was watching "Lie to Me" on my laptop last year. I was very fascinated by microexpressions, and one of them was the the increase in pupil size. Basically, microexpressions are facial expressions which are exhibited in micro-seconds, and they are very difficult to detect, unless you're a professional like Paul Ekman! For those interested, here's a little demo to test your skills on microexpressions: https://face.paulekman.com/face/default.aspx (It's located at the bottom right of the website, named "METT Demo".)

So earlier on, I was trying out on the pupil dilation. Pupil dilation occurs when you see/think about things that appeals to you or arouses you. And your pupil shrinks when otherwise. But if there is intense lighting, it will also shrink the pupil. So I was thinking about me having like a number of dogs and I was playing with them. And true enough, my pupils dilated! I tested more than 5 times! And every single time, it really dilated! I have to look reaaaaaaaally upclose, before I can see the dilation. So imagine someone is trying to check out your pupil, and is staring at you like real creepily! HAHAHAHA! I think that's gonna be like super funny!

When you lovelies have time go try it out! That's one reason, why I'm so in love with psychology! It just never fail to fascinate me! :D I even went to the extend, of buying a book written by Paul Ekman on microexpressions, which till today I have not finish reading. Fyi, it was bought last year. -.-

Profile
Photobucket

♥EUNICE.L
lin hui ying ; lim hui ying
single
MY TUMBLR | MY FACEBOOK | MY FORMSPRING |
huge, huge, huge fan of
SHOW羅志祥!♥♥
Photobucket

Taylor (Alison) Swift!♥♥
Photobucket
Photobucket
David Archuleta!♥♥
Photobucket
Formspring

Tagboard

Affiliates

Nuffnang Ad
Archives
Credits
Blogskin created by Eclair-x.

Best viewed in 1026 x 768 pixels screen resolution, Mozilla Firefox.